This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $49,208
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: Missouri Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state-approved teacher preparation program.
- Testing Requirements: Typically none – Missouri transfers out-of-state licenses to the closest in-state equivalent under teacher reciprocity.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: Based on equivalency.
- Other Notes: Institutional Recommendation required if out-of-state license has expired.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 15-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers may or may not pay social security tax (Missouri defers the decision to each individual school district) and therefore may or may not be eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.