This page is still under construction! More awesome information to come!
Median Pay1: $47,839
Teacher Reciprocity Requirements2: New Mexico Department of Education
- Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited school and state approved teacher preparation program and at least one year of teaching experience.
- Testing Requirements: Must have passed teacher competency exam in jurisdiction where current teaching license was issued.
- Temporary Certificate Offered?: No
- Other Notes: Approved program and testing requirements waived with National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification. License level for teaching certification issued is based on years of teaching experience.
- Teacher Pensions Overall Grade3: F – Click here to see why.
- 5-year vesting period.
- Employees/employers DO pay social security tax and therefore ARE eligible for social security benefits.
- No portable plan available.
2Teacher Reciprocity: sourced from data aggregated by Teacher Certification Degrees. View the full state-by-state list here. Additionally, in some states special considerations for reciprocity, application expedition, fee waivers, etc. may be available to teachers married to activity duty military personnel; be sure to contact the respective State Dept. Of Education to learn more.